THE WIZARD OF OZ
For generations, the fantasy musical The Wizard of Oz has held a cherished place in popular culture. The tale tells the story of DOROTHY™, a Kansas farm girl transported to the magical Land of Oz.
With its extraordinary special effects, costumes, and sets rendered in vibrant colors, The Wizard of Oz represents one of the all-time greatest achievements in movie magic. In the movie, the enchanted slippers are rendered in a dazzling, sequined ruby red. This deliberate and clever choice of materials was designed to make them stand out in contrast to the YELLOW BRICK ROAD™.
THE RUBY SLIPPERS
The RUBY SLIPPERS also played a central role in the film: Dorothy obtained them from GLINDA THE GOOD WITCH™, and kept them away from the WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST™, and then used their marvelous powers to take her home. One of only four known pairs of these magical shoes used in the movie is currently on display in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History. These shoes were donated anonymously in 1979 and are one of the museum’s most asked–about artifacts.
Struck in Germany by BH Mayer Mint GmbH, this officially licensed Wizard of Oz coin is a legal tender tribute to the Wizard of Oz featuring the iconic Ruby Slippers and Yellow Brick Road.
Made from 1oz of pure .999 silver, and a BIG 50mm in diameter, the coin features a revolutionary new minting technology called SmartMinting© that produces an incredibly high-relief surface area.
Details on the 2017 Wizard of Oz coin:
• The High relief SmartMinted coin features an iconic image of the Ruby Slippers poised and ready to Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
• 1oz of pure .999 silver and a HUGE 50mm in diameter.
• The Ruby Slippers are inlaid with 13 genuine Swarovski Crystals for an enhanced sparkle and shine.
• $5 Legal Tender value as authorized by the official Issuing Authority of the Cook Islands.
• Struck in Germany by B.H.Mayer GmbH.
• Mintage limited to only 5,000 coins worldwide.
Pure Silver Certs
Every coin includes one of our trademark silver Certificates of Authenticity. The COA’s are sequentially numbered WOZS-0001 through WOZS-5000 and each one is made from 2g of pure .999 silver!
Each Wizard of Oz coin comes complete with the following:
• High-end rigid paper box printed in full color featuring classic movie poster elements, foil stamping, embossed surfaces and spot varnished elements.
• Sequentially numbered Certificate of Authenticity in pure .999 silver.