Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is an all-new adventure returning us to the Wizarding World created by J.K. Rowling.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures.
Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident…were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the Wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
The Magical Congress of the United States of America
The Magical Congress of the United States of America, known to American witches and wizards by the abbreviation MACUSA (commonly pronounced as: Mah-cooz-ah) was first created in 1693 and is the magical body in charge of governing the wizarding population of the USA.
MACUSA was modeled on the Wizards’ Council of Great Britain, which predated the Ministry of Magic. Representatives from magical communities all over North America were elected to MACUSA to create laws that both policed and protected American wizardkind. As with most other magical governing bodies, the Department of Magical Law Enforcement is the largest department in MACUSA. Unlike most Western countries, there is no cooperation between the No-Maj government and MACUSA.
M.A.C.U.S.A. Coin Specs & Details
Struck in Germany by BH Mayer Mint, the very first, officially licensed Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them coin is a special $5 legal tender tribute to the Magical Congress of the United States of America–or MACUSA–the magical body in charge of governing the wizarding population in the United States of America. Made from 1oz of pure .999 silver, the coin features a revolutionary new minting technology that produces a strikingly high relief surface, called smartminting©.
Details on The 2017 Fantastic Beasts MACUSA Coin:
• The high relief, smartminting© coin looks just like the official MACUSA seal as featured in the new movie, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
• 1oz of pure .999 silver and 38.6mm in diameter.
• $5 legal tender value as authorized by the Issuing Authority of the Cook Islands.
• Struck in Germany by B.H. Mayer Mint.
• Mintage limited to only 5,000 coins worldwide.
Each Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them coin comes complete with the following:
• High-end rigid paper box printed in full color featuring clear top display, foil stamping, embossed surfaces and spot varnished elements.
• Sequentially numbered Certificate of Authenticity is printed directly on the collector’s box, making every packaged presentation completely unique.